Beyond Begging

Wednesday 18 September 2013

In the Scripture, there was a lady who came to Jesus and started begging Him to heal her daughter. She said, "Please, Jesus, my daughter is so bad. Would You please? I'm begging You to heal her."

Jesus was normally so compassionate. Throughout the Scripture, He went around healing everyone. A blind man said, "Jesus, have mercy," and He went over and healed him. A soldier came up and said, "My daughter is sick. Will you come to my house?" Jesus went out of His way again and again to heal so many different people. But what's interesting is that Jesus practically ignored this lady who was begging. He didn't give her the time of day.

After a while, she realized begging wasn't going to do her any good. The Scripture says, "She fell at Jesus' feet and started worshipping Him, started thanking Him, started giving Him praise."

All of the sudden, Jesus stopped what He was doing, looked at the woman and said, "Your daughter is perfectly well. You can go home. Everything is okay."

Today, know that what begging won't do, praise will. Don't be a beggar. Instead, be a believer. When you pray, switch over into praise which is what opens the door for God to act. Don't get stuck year after year begging, "God, please heal me. God, please give me that promotion. God, I'm just begging You." No, instead; all through the day say, "Father, thank You that I'm healthy. Thank You that my business is blessed. Thank You that promotion is coming." Get beyond begging and get into praising and watch His hand of blessing on every area of your life!

"Oh, give thanks to the LORD! Call upon His name; make known His deeds among the peoples!" (1 Chronicles 16:8, NKJV)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Just the word I need. God bless you. Yetunde

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Just the word I needed. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Just the word I need. God bless you. Yetunde

    ReplyDelete